Please go through this troubleshooting checklist in order:
- Close/kill the app completely, reopen and try again.
- Power cycle the device. You can do this by flipping the physical light switch that is connected to the device OFF, then back ON. Wait about 30 seconds for the device to reconnect to your WiFi. In most cases this solves the problem.
- The device uses bluetooth connection with your phone first if it's available. If you haven't used the app in a while, or someone else used it with a bluetooth connection,it may take 20-30 seconds to re-engage the bluetooth connection. If you use the product in this manner, we recommend keeping bluetooth disabled on your phone, so the commands are sent only over WiFi/cloud.
- Are you using emberlight with an existing dimmer circuit? Since emberlight also has a dimmer, it’s not compatible with existing dimmers.
- Are you using an incandescent or halogen bulb that is greater than 40W? Are you using the product in a fully enclosed fixture. The emberlight may be getting too hot which will shut off the radio communication. Turn off the light and let it cool down.
- Make sure that only a dimmable bulb is being used. We’ve found that some models of LED bulbs simply don’t work with emberlight. We are starting a list of preferred and problematic bulbs here. Try a 40W (or below) incandescent bulb to see if it works OK. That will tell you if it’s a problem with the emberlight socket or the bulb.
- Delete the device from the app, then reinstall it. Instructions on how to do that are here.
- If none of these work, try a factory reset. Only do this as a last resort. This may also require contacting email@example.com to also reset the device in your account.