Please check the following items in order:
- Make sure you are using an iOS or Android device with Bluetooth LE and with the latest operating system.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth ON on your phone.
- In the initial setup mode, the light should be pulsing up and down. If no light is coming from the bulb, the emberlight socket may not be making proper contact with the lamp base. Try it in another lamp.
- Did you receive the device from someone else? For security reasons, the device must be deleted from the previous user’s account while it’s in their possession (within bluetooth range) before a new user can install it.
- Did you setup the device somewhere else? It may be out of WiFi range. If you want to change the WiFi network, click “Change WiFi Settings” in the main menu.
- Did you use a non-dimmable bulb? If so, you may have permanently damaged the emberlight socket.
- Are you using an incandescent or halogen bulb that is greater than 40W? Are you using the product in a fully enclosed fixture. The emberlight may be getting too hot which will shut off the radio communication. Replace the light bulb with a lower wattage bulb and wait some time for the light to cool off.
- Remove the emberlight socket from the light and reinstall it. Close the app and reopen it.
- If none of these work, try a factory reset.